Full and Part-Time Teachers for Maternity Posts
Willingham Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are conditional, and subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Post: Full and Part-Time Teaching Positions to start January 2022 - Maternity Cover Posts
Salary: Dependent on experience Main Scale or Upper Pay Scale
Due to members of our staff going on maternity leave, we have positions available in either EYFS or Year 2 (full-time), and Year 3/4 (three day a week).
These posts could suit an NQT or experienced professional with EYFS, KS1, KS2 or Secondary experience; we want the right people, not just people with the right experience.
- Want to challenge and extend your understanding of what good teaching is?
- Want to use what we know from Cognitive Psychology about how the brain works to drive your practice?
- Want to be part of improving the outcomes for a fabulous group of motivated pupils?
We are looking for someone to join our teaching team and be part of what we are trying to build. You will be looking to take on a new challenge and will strive to develop a deeper understanding of cognitive psychology and how we can develop classroom practice to reflect this. You will not be afraid to do things that may challenge what you thought was good teaching and will be fully supported in implementing what is required.
Why choose Willingham Primary School?
- We focus on what works, not on what has always been done
- Our warm/strict behaviour curriculum enables our teachers to teach and pupils to learn
- We value feedback, NOT MARKING
- We have a traditional, subject-based curriculum
- You can be part of building an incredible, knowledge-based curriculum: working with external subject experts to ensure that substantive and disciplinary knowledge are built upon each year and that pupils remember, long-term, what they’ve been taught
- We have access to excellent partnerships, who will support and challenge your thinking
- You will receive highly-focused, high-quality Professional Development, during which you will have a chance to read and discuss academic research; hear from experts in their field and practise techniques and theories within a supportive and caring team.
The right candidate will align completely with our values of hard work, integrity and kindness and will support us in achieving our mission statement:
To provide pupils with the knowledge, experiences and confidence they need to excel at secondary school and so that they can make the choices, now and in the future, to have a happy, fulfilling life.
Visits to the school or a Zoom meeting with the Headteacher are strongly encouraged.
Please contact the School Office on 01954 283030, to arrange a visit.
An application form, job description and person specification can be obtained from either the school office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or can be downloaded below.
This appointment is subject to Enhanced DBS Check, Barred List Checks and two positive references.
Closing date for applications: 12pm 12th November 2021
Short Listing: Monday 15th November 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 22nd November 2021