Fixed Term Pre-School Assistant
Post: Fixed Term Contract Pre-school Assistant
Hours: 18 hours per week, term time only to work 1:1 with a child
Start Date: January 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter
Salary: Scale 2 (point 4-5) £18,933 – 19,312 or Scale 3 (point 5-6) £19,312 - £19698
pro rata (depending on experience)
Honeypot Pre-School is a happy, friendly and thriving pre-school run by Willingham Primary School. We provide term time childcare sessions for children from the age of 2 to 4 years in a lovely purpose-built premise in the grounds of the School.
We are looking to appoint a staff member to work 18 hours a week as well as being available to help cover in emergencies as a relief staff member. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, caring and motivated with a Level 2/3 Qualification in Early Years, who is able to demonstrate:
- A passion for helping to deliver top quality care focused on each individual child
- Confidence with the Early Years Framework, implementing plans, undertaking planned activities and observations of children and peers
- An ability to work as part of a small staff team
- A track record of working in an educational or nursery environment
- Keyworker experience is desirable
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
This post is initially until 31st August 2022.
The School and Honeypot are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
An application pack can be downloaded from the school website www.willingham.cambs.sch.uk under the ‘Staff Tab’ or obtained from the school office by emailing email@example.com If you wish to find out more about the position, please phone Kate Van Dort the Pre-school Manager for an informal chat on (01954) 201567.
Closing Date: Friday 3rd December 2021
Short Listing: Monday 10th December 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 10th December 2021